Re: Easyboots and foam - The Vetwrap

I used four Easyboots on Ben Amil this weekend at the Gee Creek Gallop.
I keep him shod but do not want to pad.  We really could have gotten by
with only using two on the front but I wanted to get some experience
using them on all four feet and with the foam.  We got lots of comments
including some about the cute teal-colored 'socks' sticking out of the
Easyboots.   Ben's feet are narrow and not the most promising shape to
hold the Easyboots.  They stayed on him during a fairly rugged ride
including a climb up and back down a good sized mountain with lots of
rocks and mud.  On Sunday it took me less than 15 minutes total time to
get all four off my horse.  I am convinced that the Vetrap is the trick
that made this work so well.  Karen's instructions from the archives
saved me a  lot of grief in learning to use them.

One trick for sizing the boots - I measured a set of his old shoes to get
the width and then ordered the size from the maker's chart.  When the
Easyboots came in the mail, I tried the shoes in them.  If they lie flat
in the boots without too much free space then you have a good fit.  From
there it is just a matter of adjusting the back strap and hold-down cable
to make them tight.

Dave Bennett
Ben Amil - "They look weird but I sure can go in them!"
Chickamauga, Georgia
email:   benamil@juno.com

On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 20:07:07 -0700 DreamWeaver
<karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us> writes:
>I use the vetwrap to wrap the horses entire hoof.  This adds
>protection to
>the heel, and also protects the hoof wall from getting scratched from
>the
>metal teeth on the boot.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]