TIMBERON RIDE

The TIMBERON 5 DAY - 275 MILES ONE BASE CAMP RIDE is rapidly filling up.
I have mailed out more than 150 Ride Brochures.  If you have not received
one, now is the time to let me know.  I believe the Riverside Condos are
all reserved, but it is best to call 1-800-289-3665.  The High Country
Grill will be serving Chuckwagon style dinners at Base Camp each night
and we will have our Awards Banquet across from Base Camp at the Timberon
Lodge.

Timberon is a small resort community located in the Lincoln National
Forest of New Mexico,,,part of the Sacramento Mountain Range...home of
the Mescalero Apaches and an integral part of the Lincoln County War that
featured Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett.  Base Camp is in the heart of
Timberon next to the Sacramento River...a short walk from the Timberon
Olympic size  pool, playground, community store, telephone (who would
want one?) and a longer walk to the Timberon Golf Course.  About a two
hour drive to White Sands National Monument, Ruidoso and the Museum of
the Horse and Ruidoso Downs Race Track, Cloudcroft, the town of Lincoln,
and about a 3 hour drive to Carlsbad Caverns.

Timberon "The Ride" takes place in the Lincoln National Forest on some of
the most gorgeous mountain trails you will ever see.  Base Camp is at
7,000 ft. elevation and most of the ride takes place at 8,000 to 9,000
feet....not a lot of long climbs, once you get at the elevation you stay
there with some small climbs spread out.  a lot of meadows, pine trees,
large aspen forests, lots of water.  Some of the trails overlook the
desert and you can see both White Sands and the Elephant Butte areas from
some spots.  Elk, deer, black bear, and turkey are abundant and you will
see most if not all while you are there.

As always, Barney Fleming, DVM is the Head Vet, with Robbie Schwyzer, DVM
 and a yet to be named accomplice working the ride.  Awards fitting for
the history of the area,
history talks every night for those who are interested.  This is a ride
for the entire family and not just for riders.

For Information:	Randy Eiland  renegade12@juno.com or call me at
			915-833-8940 or write to:
		PO Box 1193 - Santa Teresa, NM - 88008

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]