Re: Tying to trailer

>For those of you who tie your horses to the trailer at night, do you tie them
>long enough so they can eat from the ground and lie down, or do you tie them
>short? Is it safe to tie them so the length of the lead shank just touches the
>ground? (I understand this is the approved NATRC method.)
>
>Karen Bierstedt (& Charley) (Both newbies)

I've been tying "NATRC style" -- snap on lead perhaps an inch above the
ground -- for 10 years of NATRC as well as private horse camping, with a
number of different horses, and have found it works quite well.  Horse can
still lie down and eat off the ground, but the rope's too short for a foot
to get over.

-- Lynn K. (Santa Ynez, CA)
   http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky