tying up

I have a horse that i suspect is tying up in the spring when he is on the
spring grasses. I have taken him off the grass this spring as to prevent this.
I would like to know if there is any feed supplement that I can give to him
that may delete this problem, thiough I do suspect It won't be this easy. I
have only walked him a block or two and have him begin to get slow walking and
want to stop. I use to think he was being lazy but know I know more and I
asure you he is not lazy. When I continue to walk him he will begin to sweat
real bad then he seemes to get better and is all right. The next day he will
be fine. He has done this about five times in the last three to four years. He
is nine years old and never did this till then. I dont know if this is a
problem with his blood lines or not he is double Fadjur on the dam side and
Bask on his sires side. Smooth as silk to ride. If any body knows any thing
about this I woulk like any info I can get.    Thanks Donna