Re needing your suggestions

My mare also wants to trot and gets very chargy at times.
My riding instructor had me pull one rein then the other. Not hard just
a constant pull release action. I give a verbal commmand walk while
doing this. She now settles on the command most times. If not it only
takes a few pulls to convince her.
Paddi ( reid who says"gee why did you go and take lessons, I had more
fun when I was in control)