Re: Oregon border

>More often than not, you will not get stopped, but sometimes you will get
>pulled over and checked, and sometimes you will get flagged into weigh
>stations.  I had a brand inspector pull in behind me at the gas station in
>Kennewick one time, and come up and check me.  Other states are more
>formal--California has border checks, just like crossing into Canada, almost,
>and Utah and Colorado have border stations open at least part of the time at
>some of the entries.  I think some of the other states do, too.
>
>Heidi

In FL there is a Ag check station at every road into the state.  You cannot
miss them and if you happen to pass one they will come after you.

Last year we were leaving CO to do a ride in TX and then go on back to FL.
Nancy Loving wrote out the health cert. and wrote some pat paragraph about
VS - that we were not coming from am area with reported cases.  She also
gave us the phone number of the TX ag dept.  She thought that we might need
a 48 hour cert to get into TX. I called and we didn't/

So I thought TX would be a big deal, like FL.  We did not see one place or
have to show the health cert to anyone all the way accross TX.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL