Re: unwritten rules

O  One of my most pleasent endurance experiences was at the
>LBL
>several years ago.

My favorite was when I was crewing for Rebecca Houts and Joe Edwards&wife
at the Swamp Fox.  We were set up with a muck bucket of water at a point
where the trail crossed a small dirt road.  Dena Myers came through and
we said hello and offered her water.  She went on her way, as did several
others, but then Dena came back by headed the other direction,  she was
the first I'd seen do this, but thought it might be correct, so we waved
and she rode on by.  After awhile, Dena came back by AGAIN, headed the
original direction.  I said, "Hey, are you lost?" And she turned to me
surprised, and said, "Have you not moved?"  Ha.  I gave her my map and
that's the last we saw of her.  By the way, she had already been pulled
once that day, had borrowed another horse and tried again.  Sometimes
you've just got no luck.

Angie McGhee