Re: [Fwd: Volunteering at rides]

Chaco L wrote:

> In a message dated 98-04-01 12:23:24 EST, flemmerl@rcbhsc.wvu.edu writes:
>
> >  I'd recommend 2 pens, a stethoscope, and a watch with a second hand, sun
> > screen, hat, snacks & drinks for yourself (you are often jumping to vet
> stops
> > ahead of the food).
>
> And a clipboard to write on (works better than the rider's back).

Good point.  For competitive rides where there are score sheets, we placed a
notebook on a small piece of thin plywood and ran a shoulder strap on it from
corner to corner (old horse blanket strap).  This can be much easier than
trying to balance a notebook.  On rainy days, we use heavy, clear plastic
stapled onto the top of the board and flipped over the documents.  It is MUCH
easier to write on dry stuff.
For endurance, I've found that the riders' cards are small enough to fit in the
palm of my hand as I write.  They don't seem to warrant the notebook & board.

Linda Flemmer