From: Victoria A Thompson <toriandsteve@juno.com>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: unwritten rules
Date: Wednesday, April 01, 1998 12:18 AM

I got one ...

When riding crewless DON'T march up to a pile of food and water and let
your horse have a free-for-all.

I haven't been to a race yet where crews didn't make up piles of food for
the non-crew riders, but you're pretty much guaranteed that if it is
sitting next to a car it is ear-marked for a specific person.  If you
want help please ask.  We are more than happy to help.  We'll point you
to meals-ready-to-eat, we'll hold your horse if you need to visit the
john, we'll take your horse through the vet check if you need to sit down
and not move, we'll fetch and carry for you, that's what we're there for;
but DO NOT take what I have set aside for my rider unless I offer it to
you!

Don't be shy to ask crew people for help - we're ALOT more fun than
riders!!!!

Tori

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]