Re: unwritten rules

In a message dated 98-04-01 01:32:05 EST, toriandsteve@juno.com writes:

<< When riding crewless DON'T march up to a pile of food and water and let
 your horse have a free-for-all.

Years ago, I was riding a 100 with a lady who was doing her first 100 and her
husband met her every three miles on a particular part of the trail.  Another
rider barged in and drank some of her water and I could see that he was not
happy.  I stayed back, waited for her and said nothing.  At the next stop, he
asked if my horse wanted any water.  I thanked him and that was that.  At the
next stop, he had some grain for my horse.  By the end of the ride, he was
bringing an extra water bucket and grain and carrots for my horse and drinks
and food for me too.  All because I did not push in and because I waited for
his wife each time.  This was on a ride Bumgardners put on.  I can's remember
its real name because we called it the "Boring Boron"....Maryben