Re: Girth Electrode Problem

Roger said:
>If ANY rider using our heavey duty thicker electrode -at the girth- is
>having ANY problem
>PLEASE CALL
>We will send you the type-style of electrode that is used under the
>saddle.
>The design change of the electrodes and the reason we have two DIFFERENT
>types is: we are trying to reduce the problem with ripped or torn
>electrodes and the lead-pin-electrode up-plug  condition.
>Now 90% of the riders are using our stiffer HD girth electrode

Roger,
This may feel like "20 Questions" but here goes anyway! ;-)  (Actually, I
counted them and there are only 10 but it seems like 20. <g>)

Is there somewhere that I can see a picture of what you're talking about?
I'm having trouble visualizing the electrodes and my only frame of
reference is from work where I place up to 10 electrodes on each of my
patients.  There we call them EKG "stickies" -- they're either foam with
adhesive backing or cloth-like with adhesive back, about 1½  to 2" wide,
have a small dime-sized gel pad on the inside, and have a metal bump in the
middle on the outside where we snap on the wires.  They're not reusable.
What are the electrodes like that you use on the horses...and how are they
kept in place?  (Obviously under the girth as stated, but how is that
accomplished?)  How do you keep the wires from pulling or getting caught on
the brush and twigs?  Is this a battery unit?  How long are the batteries
good for?  Does rain affect the functioning of the monitor?  I understand
that it's wireless from the transmitter on the breast collar to the wrist
unit -- how far away from the transmitter can you be and still have it
work?  Can it do both HR *and* respirations or only HR?  Can it be used
without a saddle?  How exact do you have to be in your placement to have
adequate reception?

Okay, I'll stop now! ;-)  TIA for the info.

Sue