LD, 50 ...

Resident radical speaking:

Has anyone noticed we are having a trail crisis in this country?  We are
fighting every day to save our equine trails.

Voices count!  When and if AERC ever says to the DNR, "We are speaking
with the strength of x number of riders on behalf of trails," I seriously
doubt the DNR is going to say, "Well, how many in each distance?"

Every rider should be enthusiastically brought into the fold.  The more
happy riders and healthy horses we have, the more fun and political clout
we have.

I personally love 50+ mile competitive rides.  My husband likes to stay
at 35 or under, or do limited distance endurance.  In Michigan, we have
special rules which keep these distances from being one giant horse
sprint.

Any time a distance category  grows, it must be due to need and interest.
 So if its time to scrutinize and beef up the rules for that - so be it.
It would be interesting to do a scientific study of which distances at
which speeds have horses in them lasting over the greatest length of
time.  To me, a horse going 3,000 or more miles is a treasure no matter
how it came about - something for us all to take joy in - period!

Beth and Miss Molly B

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]