Re: Stirrups

>>Thank you for all that responded about the stirrups,
>>it looks like the winner is EZ with cages!!!
>
>For my birthday next month, my husband is going to get me a new pair of
>stirrups.  I'm torn between the EZ Ride and the Cloud...and I'm not sure
>about cages.  I would appreciate any thoughts on the stirrups themselves
>and the pros and cons of the cages!

Regardless of which kind you get (and I think the EZ Rides are less
pricey), I would vote in favor of cages (also known as tapaderos, if you
get them on a western/spanish stirrup).  I tend to ride on my toes, with
incorrect leg position, simply because of being paranoid about my foot,
even with boot heels, sliding thru the stirrup and getting hung up in case
of a spook or accident:  I've seen it happen.  A cage makes that very much
less likely, and I want to see if one of the EZ Ride removable cages can be
adapted to the Trail-Tech stirrup that I favor for my own riding.  It would
be even nicer if someone made a lightweight, solid tapadero to go on the
various wide or hi-tech stirrups, because then one would also be protected
against  brush snags catching and twisting the stirrup and your leg (been
there, done that).

-- Lynn K. (Santa Ynez, CA)
   http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky