Re: formula for energy expenditure

I know I am a bit late on this thread.. but I have taken Tom's point
and based on my carbo tests.. both on me and my rats..
I DO now feed 2 to 4 oz of the carbo loader AFTER a race/ride  and maybe
2 oz in the am the next day.. does make a difference with a fast
recovery.

I dont feed all the corn I use too and never at the vet checks  or until
a day after the race.

The extra energy comes from EQUI-JEWEL   balanced rice bran, (Ca/P) and
corn oil.

My corn is 25%   with 25% barley 50 % oats  and x amount of beet pulp.
Has been working very well.

I only give the carbo loader during the race and after. Since my rats
are doing well with weight I dont need to add it too the ration. However
IF the weight became a problem, I would add it ( and corn oil-rice bran)
over more corn.
rr