From: CMKSAGEHIL <CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com>
To: jtaylor@pyramid.net; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: poop eating dogs
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 1998 10:01 AM

Dogs eat horse manure for several reasons--one being that it is high in
protein, and one being that contact with the prey species manure helps to
disguise the predator's scent, so this is an old instinct.

Regarding the Quest and dogs, as Quest is an ivermectin relative, I would
be
suspicious that there are breeds that are more susceptible, namely any
collie
breeds.  They can't take any of the canine ivermectin products, either.

Heidi