Re: poop eating dogs

Well, I wish mine only ate road apples.  I really don't understand the
attraction they have to the cat's litter box...

About Quest - I am concerned about possible toxicity for dogs.  Some
herding breeds and especially some families within those breeds are very
sensitive to Ivermectin.  One friend's Aussie went into a coma after
being given " a dab of Zimecterin horse wormer"  by some kennel help who
did not listen to
instructions.  Only quick work at a vet school saved the dog.  Since
Moxidectin, the ingredient in Quest, is related to Ivermectin, it is a
bit scary to have it around.  That said, my three horses and pony have
all been wormed twice with Quest.  So far, no problem with loss of dogs.
 As far as the horses, they have have not shown any signs of colic or
other problems and have not even gone off feed after worming.
I've been told that the going "off feed"  after worming can be helped by
using probiotics for a few days...

Dave Bennett
Chickamauga, Georgia
email:   benamil@juno.com

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:13:32 -0800 jtaylor@pyramid.net writes:
>Ok now that we have opened up the question about Quest and dogs, I
>have
>a question. I noticed that I am not the only one that has a poop
>eating
>dog. Any ideas as to why dogs eat horse poop?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]