Starting Out

From: Newcomer
Email: PLANETBURT@compuserve.com

Hello! I'm a 12 year old rider living in England and I hope to be getting my !st pony soon. I am thinking on the lines of a 14 to 14.2 hh British native pony, I have heard these are suitiable for LDR. Is this true? I would like to do some non-competitive rides during weekends and holidays. HELP!
Any emails about the matter would we very helpful!