Great Western Trail

Hi Teddy;
I think the trail you were talking about in Utah is called the Great
Western Trail. Yes, it is used as "another" spectacular part of the
Outlaw Trail.  It was also a good part of the ROC in Torry(vet check
1,"going up" and on top) The runs the entire North/South corridor of
Utah. The southern Utah section leaves you breathless (from the views
and elevations) I've also ridden some of the Northern Utah GWT, since it
is above my town in the "rare-air" of the Wasatch Range. The entire
Great Western Trail corridor is approximately 3,100 miles in length,
extending from the Arizona-Mexico border to the Idaho, Montana, Canada
border.  I did write an article about the GWT for the Jul/Aug '96 Trail
Blazer with photos and contacts. And it does have horse camps!!!
Happy Great Western Trails,
Beverly Gray