Re: Corn question

In a message dated 98-03-21 22:24:10 EST, horsetrails@inficad.com writes:

<< Linda and I spoke of this subject earlier in the week and another question
 she had was to what extent would a corn make your horse trip???  My opinion
 is from my experience this past month with the shoeing problems I've had
 with my farrier.  Blue NEVER tripped until I switched shoers, when the new
 shoer shod him last monday we found a corn on the foot he kept tripping on.

If the horse has a sore place at the back of his foot, he'll very likely try
to come down on his toe. If his toe is sore, then he'll have a high action and
come down heel first.

If he comes down toe firsgt, he'll stumble a lot--and he'll do himself some
damage in the process.

ti