No Subject

Hi...I had heard, a few years ago, that Kananaskis Country (a large
somewhat wilderness park in Alberta) had a few places growing oats (and not
wild oats) on occasion. While not technically a weed, it certainly isn't
indigenous...We also have great dandilions...also not indigenous and making
a great effort in taking over. People from the east think that they should
be there. Personally I prefer seeing our local flowers, shrubs,.etc.

So, while I don't think that horses on their own can be such a big culprit
in spreading weeds, WE can be since we can haul those horses 1,000s of
miles. While we might want to poopoo :-) these restrictive and somewhat
silly rules, we shouldn't forget that we can bring in problems into fragile
ecological areas.

Just a thought!

Monika, Koko (never touch a weed) and Ripp (I'll eat anything)