Re: Hay cubes

> Have to say that Susan is right on about the danger of choke in the trailer.
> The more "chopped" the feed (as in cubes) the higher the risk.  And when they

Does this mean you shouldn't feed anything but flake hay in the trailer?
It's pretty common practice around here to feed horses their breakfast or
dinner while trailering, to save time I guess, or give them time to digest
before unloading to ride.  I haven't done it myself, but I have thought
recently about giving Lakota his soaked beet pulp mash in the trailer,
esp. on long rides, so he gets fiber and water on those long trips.  Is
that a bad idea then?

Glenda & Lakota