Re: New So. Calif. Rides

Thanks, Terry.

Um, that's a 25 LD--isn't that on my sanctioning form?

Plenty of time between now and September to do some conditioning in
sand--Nancy Loving says in her new book there is no substitute for that
resistance training, though it isn't deep dune-like sand.  At least half
the ride is in the hills on singletrack trail.

As locals may have heard, the Santa Ana riverbed trails have been
devastated by the El Nino rains, they say it's the worst in recorded
history.  It was bad in 1993 too, and new trails are simply cut along
the rerouted river and we locals dutifully rememorize them. There is
considerable shade provided by the enclosing ersatz bamboo tunnels, lots
of lovely singletrack.  We'll have trail security to make sure there's
no ribbon tampering.

Great awards, plenty of easy access/level/packed d.g. parking, a fun,
well-marked trail, and in keeping with how Terry's "raised the bar" for
rider amenities, we'll have a massage pavilion for those post ride (or
pre ride) aches.  Anyone with the energy after the awards Saturday night
can go visit the Norco Valley Fair, a small town fair 5 minutes from
ridecamp.

Lynne
and Rem-member Me