Introduction

Hello all. I have been lurking for a few months now and I'd like to introduce myself and my horses. I am a quality inspector in a small machine shop (started out as a machinist- inspection is cleaner!)
and I have two horses 1) Kit - 14 yr Appy mare (owned 8+ yrs) and
2) Bobby - 7 yr Arab geld. (owned from age of 5 wks). Showed Kit
western pleasure a little bit and Bobby at halter as a yearling, then
sold all the show tack to concentrate on what the three of us really
like, trails (still do some ring work for schooling & change of pace).
Bought Kit to save her spotted butt (a bit of an outlaw), and no, her
beautiful dappled buckskin coat w/ blanket and 2 socks, and black
points with smooth as silk trot had absolutely nothing to do with it.
She definitely has a mind of her own, but she goes where pointed
and fears nothing. Her most well known (and printable) nickname
is Bull Mama. Bobby was love at first sight (I was looking at his
yearling brother & this little 3 wk old colt bounced out from behind his mom). I knew. Put him on layaway till he was weaned (went to see
him after work every day). Upon arriving at his new home he broke
away and took a lap around the yard as a free man, then came
back to me. He knew. I wanted a horse I could raise and train myself
and since I really didn't want to breed Kit,  the search was on. Didn't
even have a particular breed interest at the time,  either. I just knew
the type of horse I was interested in, he had the correctness and
personality, well bred parents (on the farm, so I got to know them, too)
and came from a good home (lots of happy and heathy horses). Can't
beat that! This year, I will bring him out on his first competative ride,
he has been in conditioning work till now and I think he is ready. It
will more likely be a 25mi. 50's someday, we'll see how we do.

Wow, first time posting (first time 'puter newbie). I made it!
Love Ridecamp!

Cheryl Ann Weisedel  (p.s. I'm also an artist, any others out there?)
Horse kids Kit & Bobby

 sight