Castle Rock 50/Barley Patch 30

Hello, Everyone! I've been using computers to organize our rides since 1983,
but I've been on the 'net for only one week. This is an amazing tool.

Today I was told that rumors are circulating that Castle Rock and our August
ride, Swanton Pacific have been cancelled. No way! Unless, of course, the
creeks rise again. It's been an extremely damaging winter, trailwise, water
system-wise, road-wise, and just about any other way you care to look at it.
However, we already have a good start on trail restoration and Castle Rock
will take place as planned, "the good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise".
Now I know the REAL meaning of that old adage. This has been a storm of once
in 500 years, as calculated by the the age of some of the old growth redwoods
to topple or slide down the mountain with tons of rock and mud. For those of
you who have always loved Powerhouse Grade, it's REALLY changed. Fortunately,
the lower portion isn't used in Castle Rock, and we'll have it open before SP
100.

Anyway, we're working on it. Plan on the ride taking place, and if the camp
and trail conditions cannot support it, we'll notify everyone entered before
you make that long trip here. You won't lose a cent.

Barbara McCrary, ride mgr.