septic

>> normal septic system gets rid of much of the water by =
evaporation up to the air.  Horses, cars or whatever would compact the =
soil and stop this evaporation causing the system to fail.  Moral: don't
=
pasture your horse over the septic system unless you want to put in a =
new one.

(This is Endurance related because our Endurance horses are standing
around on our leech lines and besides, we Endurance riders won't be able
to go potty if the septic won't perk)  Before we all rush out to rent
trenchers to reposition our leech lines...  how true is this???  Our
lines have been out in the 1/2 acre drylot for 15 years with no problem
(until this WET El Nino winter)  and there is a little soggy spot where
we need to put a little more material over the end of the line.  Would
they really work that much better if the horses weren't walking around
on them???

worried in California