Re: Biothane

"...I have seen on a very hot Kansas day, a horse whose hair was melted
right off her face from a biothane bridle. I'll stick wtih my Aussie
leather halter bridle. It is a pain to clean, but won't hurt my horse."

Could have been an alergic reaction isolated to that horse.
I believe I have heard of some horses being alergic to it.
It's rare though.  I have not had any trouble with biothane.
I love the stuff.  It's easy to clean and holds up great.

:) - kat myers
in San Mateo, Ca. with Magnum the TB ex-racer
AERC Region West