Re: Arabian Bloodlines

Hi, Arnold--

If your horse is primarily Al-Marah and older Rushcreek lines, it is most
likely predominantly old CMK (Crabbet-Maynesboro-Kellogg) breeding.  These old
lines are a very small percentage of the modern American Arabian gene pool,
but various CMK lines show up in very high percentages among successful
endurance horses.  Actually, I think bloodlines are VERY basic to the sport of
endurance, so am posting to the list, but if you want to e-mail me privately
with details about your horse, feel free to do so, and I can give you more
specific answers.  (More information about CMK breeding is available at our
website at www.endurance.net/sagehill/.)

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)