Horses

Hi everyone. I hope you are all having a good Sunday!
The local forecast predicted snow/ice here so we headed out to stock up at
the grocery store (1/2 hr one way) beforehand. While there, I bought my
husband the March 98 issue of  Western Horseman as a reward (my husband,
the driver and sack boy..<g>) which gave me something to glance through on
the drive back home. I came upon a good article about the Ranch Horses (by
Fran Devereux Smith). You know, it's interesting what anyone who spends a
lot of time ahorseback (for whatever reason) likes. I think there's quite a
few endurance riders who would agree with what the working cowboys want for
an all day ride. It would be interesting if some of the oldtimers would
review their endurance horses and fill us in on what they have learned over
the years. I don't have the high mileage (can we count years?) but I know I
like a sensible quiet horse that I can ride a 50 on Sat and check cows with
on Tues. or ride a 25 on Sat and let my husband win a jackpot with on
Sunday... ("let", don't you love that one!)
Time to go check cows.
 Cathy