Susan E. Garlinghouse was great!

From: Nina Vasiliev
Email: rmack@inreach.com

I attended the western ride conference in Sacramento on Sat.
  Susan presented her data taken from her study done on Tevis entrants.
It was so interesting!  If I understood her conclusions, she found that 1: HW and LW have the same chances to place/win.

Because being a LW is not an advanage when at submaximal (endurance) speeds.
  (However during a sprint to the finish which crosses over into the anaerobic work load the LW do have an advantage.)
And 2: The best part is that horses with some weight to them have the highest completions/placings!
Those horse who start out the ride thin start at a disadvantage.
This is great!  More motavation to keep wt on our horses, which will have more of us feeding well and not over training!
I'll leave the details to Susan.  Ask her! The info is so interesting!
The LW vs HW discussions sure take on a different perspective.
  I wonder how long AERC will take to review this info before we see it reflected in scoring BC?

Thanks for the new and improved conditioning stratigies, Susan.

Nina Vasiliev  ( I was the one who wanted to be sure I got a copy of your handout.)