Timing for rides

After reading some of the points being made re: times for 25 or 50 and BC and FW vs HW, it seems that it may be better to have a minimum time for the ride, especially for the 25s.  I really do not want any more rules that resemble the competitive trail, but it makes no sense to race like hell just to be the first in FW.  But then I will never ride in FW.  Probably, the ratio of conditioning time to ability of horse just negates all the bru-ha-ha over the formulas anyway.  JUST MHO!
Mary Ann
Zavalla, TX