Non-horsey folks

Cyberpony wrote:
>  I've seen that "blank look" many
> a time :-)   It's just easier to say that I am going on an endurance ride next
> weekend, than to go into LD, etc.

I describe endurance to non-horsey people as a marathon on horse back.
When asked why we go so much further than human marathoners, I've found
that it is simpler to say "The horse is bigger" rather than get into
detailed explanations to a casual question.  Even so, I've had quite a
few non-horsey folks decide to come with us to watch, crew, etc.  They
always have a blast, but I've yet to get any of them to buy a horse &
come along.  :-)  (We do have a few who repeat year after year because
of the GREAT camp outs we have at the rides!!!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV