lesson in saddles

I learned a lesson in saddles today. My lovely Aussie is in the living
room, awaiting another coat of oil after being rainsoaked in our big ride
last week. So, when we finally had a nice day here, I threw my old hunt
seat saddle on Star and went for a 4-mile hack around the neighborhood. MY
BACK IS KILLING ME.

My riding instructor said a poor saddle will beat you to death. She was
right. I didn't know how difficult a bad saddle is until I had a good one
to compare it to! I love my Aussie!

chris paus and *