Re: mileage

Kat, your letter was beautiful.

The thing I find sad here is that folks are so concerned about awards and
programs.  The healthy have the opportunity to move on from LD's to endurance
rides.  The few who are limited to LD's (the rider here with MS, the rider
here with knee replacements, people like Joe's late wife who struggled through
one LD with her bad heart) are not the ones that give a rip about programs and
awards.  They understand that the whole point of this sport is the
comaradarie, the beauty of nature, and the chance to be at one with one's
horse.  They know that it is the accomplishment that counts, not the T-shirt.
If it is applause that matters, try the show ring.  This whole thread has
sadly gotten away from why we are here in the first place.  Wake up and smell
the roses, folks...

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)