25 miles to go

Joe, I agree with you on subject of 25's vs. 50's.   IMHO,  25 miles is a
good day's jaunt, period.  That this particular jaunt has a vet and
manager in attendance, also a secretary and maybe good food, does not
make it into a true endurance ride.

I'm starting my rising-five yr old in a 25 miler next month as a
*training* venture.  He will have done slow 25 milers at home as part of
the conditioning routine, but what the formal ride will do is to expose
him to the noise, excitement, whinnies, noisy neighbors <G>,  vet exams,
trot-outs, strange camp, etc., all the things he must be able to handle
on the 50's to come.  I do not expect AERC to take more than passing
notice of my (hoped-for) completion.   I mean, we can nickel-and-dime
endurance rides to death if we start  applying *political correctness*
aspects to LD rides...Cheers, Connie B.  (;-)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]