crewing for love and other assorted goodies

> Mine actually does it for beer and downtime with the other pit crews. He
My wonderful husband Lance, when he gets to go, crews for the love of
crewing and saying he helped that horse and he helped that rider, and hey,
what about me?  hehe

> not in the room) sometimes it's cheaper to crew for myself... the
> beer/grocery bill is substantially lower.
Tell me about it!!  my friend kathy and I can do groceries for about 10.00
and when my husband goes, it's always at least 30.00, course he cooks
great and we eat like pigs...steak, chicken, whatever our little hearts
desire.  But it sure is expensive!!

> Well, maybe LOVE does play into it. The men love to sit around and one up
> each other with gross slave abuse. Now the women pit crews are so sweet and
> nice and never talk like that about their riders! Never!
hehehe, yes we all know that's true!!

> Mine works too hard to sleep (uh-huh) - he likes to help around the camp,
> and assist the other pit crews (slave mutiny) (you don't have to take that
> crap from her, let me show you a good trick to get her back on her horse
> and outta here so we can relax and drink our beer)... His good trick is
> showing the newbie crews where to find the pulse in the right place with
> their stethoscopes!  Cathy
Lance likes to be up longer than anyone else!!  On a 100, that is his
biggest thing. If I am only doing a 50, adn there is a 100 going on, he
will hook up with a 100 miler and crew for them just to say he had to be
up a long time and he will even stay up and walk the horse if the rider
needs it.  Wonderful husband, and he even puts up with my crap in the vet
check...

Scott Ricard wrote a really great article about pit crews and it was
published in the EN a few years back. It was hilarious and brought tears
to my eyes everytime I read it.  I know he lurks here and I wonder if he
would consider posting that article?

Well Scott?

samm