Weights

This research stuff can become addictive.  I'm quitting before I decide to go
for a PhD.  (I discovered it's easier if you use a spread sheet). I'll be ok
once the temperature gets out of the single digits so I can ride again.
   Anyway a little digging uncovered the facts that in UMECRA (where we only
have two weight divisions), out of 824 endurance entries 40% were heavyweights
and 60% were lightweights.  First Across the Line--32% were  heavyhweights and
68% were lightweights.  HOWEVER, Best Condition--49% were heavyweights and 51%
were lightweights.   Sounds like the 1/2 points per pound are plenty!!  I'm
outta here.  Louise Riedel