Re: Re bucking

If ya'll ever happen to see a good looking endurance type horse at a
rodeo, it might be one of our Southeast riders' ex-prospect.  He
bucked...did some 50's bucked some more...was really dangerous and going
to get somebody hurt bad.  She got fed up, and the rodeo happened to be
in town..he passed the try out, was sold and was in the show the next
night if I remember the story correctly.  Wonder which career he
preferred?

Angie

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:48:49 -0800 paddi <seamstob@telusplanet.net>
writes:
>I think you can train a horse not to buck.
> My mare was better then most rodeo stock. She would do a hop , spin
>buck like crazy temper tantrum for no reason that I could figure out.
>One minute we would be trotting down the trail and the next she would
>blow.
>Miles , miles , miles seemed to help. I also started carrying a crop .
>The secound she would crow hop I would pull back on the reins and give
>her a smack hard. I would say NO very firmly. I can feel in advance a
>few secounds before she lets go by her body language. Now I just have
>give a little rein pressure and say NO firmly and she goes back to
>work.
>We then pick up the pace and work a little harder. If she has the
>energy
>to buck she needs to move out a little faster and use some of it up.
>It has been over a year since she even thought about it so with
>fingers
>crossed I hope she has decided that bucking isn't fun anymore. She is
>9
>this year.
>Paddi

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]