Re bucking

I think you can train a horse not to buck.
 My mare was better then most rodeo stock. She would do a hop , spin
buck like crazy temper tantrum for no reason that I could figure out.
One minute we would be trotting down the trail and the next she would
blow.
Miles , miles , miles seemed to help. I also started carrying a crop .
The secound she would crow hop I would pull back on the reins and give
her a smack hard. I would say NO very firmly. I can feel in advance a
few secounds before she lets go by her body language. Now I just have to
give a little rein pressure and say NO firmly and she goes back to work.
We then pick up the pace and work a little harder. If she has the energy
to buck she needs to move out a little faster and use some of it up.
It has been over a year since she even thought about it so with fingers
crossed I hope she has decided that bucking isn't fun anymore. She is 9
this year.
Paddi