Re: Hw vs Fw

The bottom line is where your horse's strengths and weaknesses are.  I have
always been blessed with phenomenal downhill horses, and we pass all those
off-and-leaders like they are standing still when we go downhill.  Takes a
horse that rounds his back well, though, and uses his hindquarters to do the
work.  Recoveries at the bottom are phenomenal.  If, on the other hand, your
horse is not good at downhills but is metabolically tough, then it pays to
lead down and ride up.  In this big card game of horses, you have to learn to
play the hand you're dealt sometimes...

Heidi