Re: measuring a horse

I measure with a carpenter's level across the high point
of the withers against a post or barn side and make a
pen mark.  Then I measure the height of the mark from
the ground using a measuring tape.  Level is important.
Shoes vs no shoes will make a difference too.  I guess
this is a throw back to my dog-show days.

Magnum measured this way is 62.75 inches high at the
withers or just shy of 15.3.  Of course he is never
barefoot anymore.

:) - kat myers
in San Mateo, Ca. with Magnum the TB ex-racer