tailing

>>If a horse did have a tendency to kick, it would be more difficult on a hill
where he's got more weight on his rear end. ....  The only person I've
ever heard of getting kicked while tailing was doing it along a beach,
and got a double whammy to the chest.

Well, you can add another one to your list.   My husband was tailing up
a VERY STEEP hill  when  his experienced gelding got mad because I was
getting too far ahead with his pasture-mate.   His horse kicked him
right in the face.  Not a pretty sight.  So, they CAN and DO kick when
going up hills.

Of course, this whole thing was my fault because I got too far ahead!!!!
   men...