Re: Change/electrolytes

> << So tell me, if you make up electrolytes in advance..say like 2-3 days and
>  the applesauce isn't bad, will the electrolytes go bad?   >>
>
> Electrolytes are salts--they will be just fine.
Thanks Heidi and Kat....I guess I should have made it a little
clearer..that's what I get for typing without thinking or re-reading.

I know electrolytes are salt and salt doesn't go bad, in fact should keep
the a-sauce from doing so to a point, BUT, my concern was if anything
leaches out in the sitting around process...Like certain vitamins will
leach out if you soak too long, leave untouched too long.  Like that.  I
hope this makes more sense to you, I don't know how to ask.

I will assume, as I did before I even asked, that it will do ok.  I just
was looking for reasurances.:-)  It has been hot here and due to the
weather, can't decide if I should clip for one day when it is now in the
below freezing range for three days or if I should leave hair since I am
not riding hard, but I DO want to make sure the electrolytes are able to
do their thing!!

It's hard for me to clip since I don't have stalls, and my turn out is in
very rough area. The last two times I have sent the horses out into the
great unknown, I have found the blankets ripped beyond repair....so much
for my 2 very nice turnouts!!  We have these things with huge thorns on
them and the horses get them hung and the blankets rip off. These thorn
things will puncture a very large tractor tire...not nice thorns!!

But, they are very good for hybridizing with fruit trees and making the
fruit trees more hardy.

take care and thanks a million

samm