Re: After ride/off feed/probiotics

Hello everyone, I've been just visiting the group for a few days and
decided to jump in and add my 29 cents worth (inflation you know)--my
arab does the same thing when we go on any kind of trip.  I tried
probiotics last year when we went to New Mexico.  He still went off his
feed for a few days when we first got there, but he didn't have the loose
stool.  I should probably  start feeding the probiotics 2 weeks before
and add digestive enzymes.  I have also been using Super Blue Green
Algae.  This is a great supplement...boosts immunity, calms, helps
stamina.  I'd be interested to know if anyone else has used the Algae.
Carla and Patrick
On Sun, 08 Mar 1998 21:06:17 -0700 Cheryl Newbanks
<horsetrails@inficad.com> writes:
>Hi group! I was wondering if anyone else has a horse who eats good up
>the ride, gets off their grain when they get there and stays off for a
>day
>or two after each ride too. Blue eats his hay well but is off or
>really
>slow eating his grain during this ride time period.  I thought of
>giving
>him probiotics but since I am not sure what the benefits are of giving
>it I
>haven't.  Does probiotics get their stomach flora back to the point
>they
>feel good enough to start eating again?  Is that why they go off their
>feed, because they get a nervous stomach like we may when excited?  He
>starts off with A's on gut sounds and ends up with B's too.  Any
>ideas?
>

>                                 Cheryl Newbanks
>                ~~ ^ ^       Just In Time Ranch
>~~~\   _  ~~/ /\ /       Buckeye, AZ
>       ( )__     ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]