After ride/off feed/probiotics

Hi group! I was wondering if anyone else has a horse who eats good up to
the ride, gets off their grain when they get there and stays off for a day
or two after each ride too. Blue eats his hay well but is off or really
slow eating his grain during this ride time period.  I thought of giving
him probiotics but since I am not sure what the benefits are of giving it I
haven't.  Does probiotics get their stomach flora back to the point they
feel good enough to start eating again?  Is that why they go off their
feed, because they get a nervous stomach like we may when excited?  He
starts off with A's on gut sounds and ends up with B's too.  Any ideas?

                                 Cheryl Newbanks
                ~~ ^ ^       Just In Time Ranch
~~~\   _  ~~/ /\ /       Buckeye, AZ
       ( )__     ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com