New area code in Utah.

TO: AERC Webmaster and ridecamp
RE: Ride calendar information in Utah

I noticed that many of the rides in Utah are in the part of our state
where the telephone area code was changed from 801 to 435. The AERC ride
calendar still lists the 801 area code for a lot of the rides. The
change to the new area code occurred last September, but they gave us a
grace period from last Sept until this April (I think) when both 801 and
435 worked. After some date in April, only the 435 area code will work
in the new area. (801 will be the area code for the "Wasatch Front"
Davis, Weber, Salt Lake, and Utah counties that contain the urban part
of Utah including Odgen, Salt Lake, and Provo; 435 will be the area code
for "rural" Utah including St. George, Cedar City, Kanab, Gunnison and
many more locations where rides are held.)

When the grace period runs out, only the  435 area code will work for
the ride managers of  Color Country, Mt. Carmel, Hell's Kitchen, Parowan
to Brianhead, Thousand Lakes, and the XP rides which are currently
listed on the AERC page.

I just thought you might like to know.

Byron Harward and Tzadik