endurance thrills

Hi,
     My biggest thrill so far is when Willow, my tiny Arab X, won BC at the
Safford ride in Jan. in the 30 mile. I was using my new heart moniter and
trying to hold her back alittle because her buddies were way up there in
front and she doesn't care for that. When we caught up to them after the
vet check, it was more downhill and she was feeling great so we moved right
along. One of the gate openers said we were leading, I didn't have a clue
we were frontrunners until then. At the finish Willow met criteria first
and I could tell she could have gone 20 more miles, I was the one in pain.
I also want to add that for horse lovers that love music there is a great
song by Christy Moore (a man) called Ride On. It is on the CD Celtic Moods.
I like to put all the horse and riding songs I can find on a tape to listen
to when I drive to rides. Emmy Lou Harris has a great song written by
Leonard Cohen called Ballad of a Runaway Horse. Good Luck to everyone
riding this weekend.   Julie in the SW