Re: formula for energy expenditure

In a message dated 98-03-06 16:51:03 EST, suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I would probably be alot happier with small, frequent doses of a sugar
 source to restore and maintain blood glucose vs. pounding a whole lot of
 grain down a horse's throat right after a ride.  I'm mostly concerned
 about the pH and fluid shifts that occur in response to a large
 carbohydrate overload.  I would assume that a dose of carbo loader after
 a ride would not affect the hindgut in the same way that 2 kgs of corn
 would.  Tom, can you tell me what sugars are in the carbo-loader you
 recommend?  Mono-, di-, polysaccharides...?

 Susan >>

They're long chaned corn sugars, maltodextrins, with a molecular "number"(??)
of 1200.

ti