Back Pain

As long as we have this thread going about back pain, particularly bad
disks and chiropractors versus physical therapists etc., what opinions
do you all have about sciatica?  I'm trying to decide what to do.  I
think it's one reason I have trouble keeping my heels down - especially
the left one, where the sciatica is (mostly).  I'm comfortable riding,
but as my body changes to ride, driving a car and sitting in a chair at
work is occasionally uncomfortable.