Re: ridecamp-d Digest V98 #194

Hi Chris, You wrote:

From: Chris Paus <paus@micoks.net>
>Subject: headaches
I>have sinus problems and get migraines, too. a one-two punch. >
>I've tried ibuprofen, tylenol, alleve, ice bags on my head, any
>suggestions? Surely there are other headache sufferers out there.

I also get migraines and terrible sinus headaches.  I always carry some
stuff I get at the Health Food Store.  It's made by PLANETARY FORMULAS and
is called HEAD AID with feverfew extract.  It really helps my migraines
especially if I catch them when I first am getting it (when colors seem too
bright, or one eye just isn't quite functioning... you know the signs for
your headaches I'm sure.)  Anyway these seem to block the headache, I'll
still feel drained, but not incapacitated.  The other thing that I have
found that works is a concoction my dad used to mix up for my mom.  Its one
very strong black cup of coffee (as much caffiene as possible) and add the
juice of one lemon (several tablespoons worth).  As I understand it, this
makes a compound called caffiene citrate which was used for migraines &
headaches years ago.  Yeap it tastes really nasty.  I add sugar just to get
it down, but it too works when nothing else will touch my headaches.
Usually just takes one cup too (thank goodness!).  Good luck with the headaches.

Anne Kennedy & Horses
(Dyskrete, Stuffy, Hadia and Tifla)

Jim Kennedy, AJ's Classical Gas
(Yellowstone Park Buses, White Trucks, parts and NOS)