Re: vaccinations

Dr. Heidi,

You recommend using a big muscle.  Well, I did that last year - used
the rump.  And I had a lame, feverish horse for a couple days.
Rubbed DMSO into the swelling and let her be.  This was with the new
6-way that was on the market.  Will never do that again!  Am
seriously thinking of breaking up into as many separate
injections as possible and not use combos.  Sure appreciate
suggestions.  Always have given all flues and rhino.  Is that not
necesary for a horse that doesn't travel much and has pretty
consistent paturemates (we board)?

Linnea & Pesadilla
Linnea G. Skoglund, Ph.D.
Dept. Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
Colorado State University
Ft. Collins, CO 80523
phone: 970-491-6950
fax:   970-491-3862